#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Wild strawberries

When I recall my childhood I have so many wonderful memories. I grew up Ina small tow....and still live there. In the fifties kids were kids and we were allowed to be. We couldn't wait to be outside as much as possible no matter what the season. We wanted to be out with our friends not inside with our parents. And they were ok with us being out I our little friends gang. We only came in when we were called for dinner. 
  One of my sweetest memories was going up on the hill and picking wild strawberries. Those little strawberries were small but so very sweet. What enjoyment in such a simple thing. I wonder if kids today get to enjoy those simple pleasures that I did. Catching tadpoles in the creek with a cup. Hiking to the top of the hill to see the apple orchard. I always thought that Johnny Appleseed planted those trees. Playing baseball with the boys. Making hollyhock dolls and dandelion stem bracelets. Playing hide and seek after dark. Life was so simple back then. 





2 comments :

  1. Yes, life was so much simpler, then..... Such memories, children will never have again, probably.

    Have I told you how much I love your blog look?????? Super gorgeous!!! :-)

    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was simpler... I can say that my daughter still does some of those things. She has some friends that love to go in the creek and they spend hours wading through the water and collecting rocks. They love to explore outside, catch butterflies, just doing kid stuff. I am glad she does.

    I like your new look too, the leaf on the right is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.