#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, June 26, 2014

I always wanted a birch tree

There is something about a birch tree. The way the trunks curve and the branches sway. There were birch trees down by the lamppost when we moved in forty years ago but as all things they went by. Then we planted more and enjoyed them for a while till the insect boarers ruined them.

So when we were thinking about our landscaping I knew that was one tree I had to have. And since I don't have years to wait for one to grow I ordered a large one. And I'm so glad I did. Every time I look out the sunroom window I enjoy it's structure. This year I added some rocks around it to give it the appearance that it has always been there. I love rocks. I'm so glad I had the landscaper put that large rock in front of the lilies. It makes it look like it was always there. The metal orb is a new purchase. You know how I like metal.

Today it is cloudy and looks like it might rain again it's hard to find time to mow the lawn between the raindrops. We had a downspout get plugged and with the huge rainstorm yesterday the side split right out of it so Don is on his way to the store to get a replacement. Always maitenence when you have a house.

 

 

 

1 comment :

  1. lovely...

    ahhh yes! always maintenance...!

    and "it pays" to have a handy-guy-in-residence...

    tessa~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.