#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, July 03, 2014

The Lavender Route

Once you see it you never forget.

There is nothing more beautiful than the lavender fields of France.

I was lucky to visit Provence with my friend and her cousin many years ago. It really was a trip of a lifetime. Her cousin Lena and boyfriend Ken picked us up at the airport in Nice and drove us all around the region. Our first stop was Monte Carlo. The drive along the Riviera was amazing. We stayed up in the mountains and me took daily drives into the country. We saw things that most tourists don't get to see. I stood in the middle of the lavender fields to have my picture taken and worried about all the bees. Ken said , don't worry, they are busy gathering to make honey.


 


One of my very favorite things was the visit to Moustiers St. Marie. This old town is in the mountains and so charming. I remember sitting and eating a croissant beside a flowing stream. I still have the poster I bought there hanging in my kitchen.


They are famous for making their own Faience pottery.


Every time I see lavender it takes me back in my mind to that amazing trip.

 

1 comment :

  1. what an amazing trip that must have been!

    i just got a dvd out of the library, of a french film, set in provence. :-)

    HAPPY 4TH OF JULY...!!!!

    tessa~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.