#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The watch story

When my father passed my sisters and I kept some of his things. I inherited two watches.
I didn't give them much thought until this year when I was cleaning out a closet and rediscovered them.
One had an art deco face and I liked its style so I took it to a local jeweler to have it restored.
Little did I know that it would take months and months.
There were parts that had to be ordered since watch repairing is becoming a lost art.
They finally had to end up sending it to a Rolex dealer in Buffalo to repair some of the inside parts.
I thought I would never see it again but yesterday I finally got the phone call that it was ready
I bought a new band and now I will proudly wear it.
I couldn't get very good pictures of it.

 

 

2 comments :

  1. so very beautiful. the love behind it. and the fact that it lives anew. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca4:28 PM

    Peg, Now that you have gone to all the trouble of sending the watch to Buffalo, there is a wonderful and highly skilled watch maker in Kane. His name is Sirianna.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.