#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Toys

When I was a kid it was pre the electronic age. We had some toys. We got new ones on our birthday and at Christmas. We played with the ones we had over and over. We knew our toys intimately. They had names they were like old friends. We would haul them out when we wanted to be entertained....which wasn't all that often because we spent most of our time out of doors. The world was our playground. I'm not sure that this modern way of giving kids everything all the time is the very best policy.

Here are some of the toys that I played with as a kid. Missing are the jacks and the little ball. I don't know how many hours I spent tossing that ball up in the air. How many of these can you remember?

By the way Wooly Willy is manufactured about a half an hour from my house.

 

 

 

2 comments :

  1. I'm with you, Peggy! We had it better as kids! The only one of the above toys that I never played with was Wooly Willy, although I certainly had magnets. My great grandmother loved Chinese Checkers. I played so many games with her! Did you play Monopoly? And checkers? And cards ~ war, rummy, canasta, etc! Did you shoot marbles? Did I love those! I hope that you are having a happy evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i remember every single one of them! and ditto to every single thing you said.
    we only came in when we HAD to! and you had better be in before it turned dark. that was the one unbreakable rule.
    i also enjoyed pickup stix and the board game... candyland.
    and books. ALWAYS books! this was a great walk down memory lane peg.
    we also had lincoln logs along with the tinker toys! made some great stuff with them.
    i actually feel quite sorry for children today. everything plastic. and they have so much of it they don't even know what they've got.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.