#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, September 22, 2014

Equinox

Happy first day of Fall. It's official. The Northern hemisphere is tipping away from the sun. The days will be shorter and the nights longer. Soon it will be colder and colder.



And we will adapt. Don't we always? We may complain that the summers are much too short but who can deny the beauty of that first snowfall.

Out come the candles whose burning and flickering remind us of our ancestors huddling around a fire. Warm throws around our legs are like the animal skins which kept the cave men warm on the cold nights. We turn to comfort food to fill our bellies.




The changing of the seasons is perpetual. We have our favorites but each one has its own beauty and characteristics depending on where you live.




We can welcome each one. So welcome Autumn. Come on brilliant leaves, crisp nights and football games. Stay a while...but not too long.




 

2 comments :

  1. being my favorite season (IF it ever will get here where I live! still in the upper 80's here daily ... HOT and muggy!!!)
    I will treasure it. it's always too short here.
    it's like anymore we have only two seasons. a LONG hot high summer (very very short springs) and a short dry winter.
    SIGH... as tessa says! LOLOL.
    i remember living in your neck of the woods ... well ... upstate new york actually ... and having 4 distinct wonderful seasons.
    i simply LOVE all the pictures you've given us today.
    happy autumn to you too dear heart! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely post!!!

    Yes, the Autumn Equinox and Mabon, have come. It's really Fall now! No not-feeling-it. :-)

    Yes, it is wonderful to live where the Turning of The Wheel of the Year, brings us 4 real Seasons.

    And though, the coming cold is something to dread, as I get older... It brings aches and stiffness and I dread it. But get out the "Long Johns," and necessary heat turned on, and warming meals, and a comfy throw, over lap and legs, while reading in my always-comfy chair.

    Plus, to me, I feel cozy, when the sun goes down earlier. I don't really dread it, like some people do. It's always been a cozy-at-home feeling, for me. :-)

    Happy Autumn,
    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.