#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

My little Frenchy bathroom

For more than thirty of the years we lived on Chatham Lane we only had one bathroom. And we made do. We timed ourselves in the morning to use this one room by staggering our schedules. It never seemed to be much of a problem. Well, there were those emergencies when having another one would have been a great help. Like the time both my husband and I got salmonella poisoning at the same time. He will never forgive me for sharing my chicken salad sandwich with him.

When we added on having another bathroom was a priority. We knew it would be extremely small. But it would save us from tramping all the way to the other end of the house. And save on my living room carpet too.

I had a lot of fun decorating this one.

All of these pictures I took when we were in San Francisco. I found the cute border with an Eiffel Tower at Lowes.

It was fun to add some towels on which I sewed some black checked borders.

I also sewed the curtains and tied them with ribbon. I stenciled the fleur de lis on the shade.

There are a few Frenchy items on the window sill.

And of course the requisite books and magazines nearby. I can't imagine a bathroom without them.

I have noticed that the French theme keeps recurring in my decorating schemes. I love being reminded of my two trips tp France.

 


 

3 comments :

  1. I can't imagine having to share a bathroom when both of you have salmonella poisoning!!! I have had that twice on vacation and it was horrible sharing the bathroom with my husband and daughter who were not sick. Anyway... love your pretty new bathroom. The framed photos on the wall are beautiful and the flowers on the window sill are a lovely touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have one full bathroom, upstairs too. And we managed, with 3 kids!

    I get such a kick out of today's families. They seem to want one full bath room for each family member. Yeah, that is exaggeration but... ,-)

    And we have a Powder Room downstairs.

    You did sweet things, with your Powder Room!!!

    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like I said, I am in awe! You ooze with talent!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.