#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, September 09, 2014

UPMC

Today I am spending a little time at the university of Pittsburgh Medical Center. Linda is currently in her appointment which lasts for three hours while they program her Cochler implant. When we got her at eight thirty this andwe found that the there was a miscommunication. Her appointment wasn't until December 9th instead. Her dad who is in his eighties must have heard it wrong. We really didn't want to drive four hours back to Pittsburgh in the winter time. I told her to ask if they could work her in. They finally sAid that they could take her at three thirty. We decided to stick around in the waiting room and it's a good thing we did because they had a cancellation and she got in at twelve thirty. So we won't be headed for home until much later.

 

 

This is really when I am grateful for the ipad. I've been able to entertain myself. I will be glad to get home tonight. It's been such a busy few weeks with not a lot of time for rest. And you know that I don't sleep well away from home.

 

 

 

 

 

I'm just glad that linda will be able to hear much better after this.

 

 

 

 

2 comments :

  1. Ahhhhh, Linda is have a _hearing_ implant checked! "Dense me"... Didn't realize what kind of an implant check, you took her, there for.

    Excellent that she could get both a different appointment and get a cancellation.

    Yes, I'm sure you really used your Ipad at such a time. Even I have to admit, it is an easier carry-with-you, than a few books. And for me, that's a _big_ "admit". -grin-

    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things don't always go as planned ~ That seems to be the theme for my year, Peggy! It's been a humdinger! It's hard to wait around in just about any medical situation, so I'm glad that you had your iPad and couldn keep yourself entertained. I hope that Linda's appointment went well. And yay to three less months of hearing problems! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.