#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, September 06, 2014

What a surprise!

I had a fantastic birthday celebration that I had for my seventieth birthday. On Friday night I was shocked when my son Chris, grandson Scott and girlfriend Michelle and her daughter came in the door. He wanted to surprise me for my birthday. I was so thrilled. It was a warm evening and we sat outside talking when someone walked up the driveway. It was my other grandson Dan and his girlfriend Gretchen. What a surprise!

On Saturday morning I made a breakfast casserole and set the table in a French theme. As we ate I played some French accordion music. That along with the candlelight, blueberry bread with honey butter and the good company made a super start to the morning.

 

Chris had another surprise in store for me. On Saturday we rode to Niagara Falls which is about two hours from home. We walked down to the American falls. We hadn't been there for a while and it was an awesome sight. Then we went to the Galleria mall in Buffalo to eat at the Cheesecake Factory. We all enjoyed our meals. I had my favorite the Thai lettuce wraps. We split two cheesecakes for the table and I enjoyed the white chocolate macadamia nut Carmel one which was delicious. They also brought me a dish of ice cream with sprinkles for my birthday and sang to me.

 

But that wasn't the end of the surprises! You are not going to believe what I did next! I drove a go cart! There is a raceway on the upper level of the mall.

 

Here we are getting ready to race.

We had to put on these black hoodies and find a helmet to fit.

 

Then it was off to the races!

I drove so slowly they lapped me three times but I had a blast!

 

This Has been the best birthday ever!

 

7 comments :

  1. What a super, great, fun Birthday Celebration!!!!!!!

    Happy Birthday!!!!!

    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:32 PM

    This definitely trumps docksiders. What a great way to usher in the 70s. What a wonderful surprise to have most of the family here for your surprise celebration!!!!!!
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so wonderful to have my family around

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday to one cool grandmother! You inspire me--not to ride a go-cart probably, but to go to Cheesecake Factory soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dewena. I never expected to ride a go cart for my birthday.

      Delete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday, Peggy! What a fun celebration. I'm so glad that you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.