#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, October 13, 2014

Fading, fading away


How quickly the colors are disappearing from the hills. The leaves are shaking down as the wind is pushing its way through the branches.

fall outside 2014 005

I took my camera and walked around the yard observing the changes as the beauty is fading. fall outside 2014 009
fall outside 2014 010

fall outside 2014 006

leaf two

leaf four

There is still some yellow left…in a bright leaf….in the goldenrod.
fall outside 2014 024



leaf five

Bright reds can be found in some remaining leaves and even a few cherry tomatoes defy the frost.

fall outside 2014 021



fall outside 2014 030

“It was a beautiful bright autumn day, with air like cider and a sky so blue you could drown in it.”
Diana Gabaldon, Outlander

“I love the start of autumn when the trees in my garden change the colour of their leaves in one last dazzling display.”
Michael Caine, The Elephant to Hollywood

“October, baptize me with leaves! Swaddle me in corduroy and nurse me with split pea soup. October, tuck tiny candy bars in my pockets and carve my smile into a thousand pumpkins. O autumn! O teakettle! O grace! (Beth rhapsodizing on her favorite month)”
Rainbow Rowell, Attachments

“I am made for autumn. Summer and I have a fickle relationship, but everything about autumn is perfect to me. Wooly jumpers, Wellington boot, scarves, thin first, then thick, socks. The low slanting light, the crisp mornings, the chill in my fingers, those last warm sunny days before the rain and the wind. Her moody hues and subdued palate punctuated every now and again by a brilliant orange, scarlet or copper goodbye. She is my true love.”
Alys Fowler








3 comments :

  1. i have dearly loved your beautiful glimpses of autumn.
    last year's our climate was so dry... they just finally turned brown and fell off with the first huge wind and frigid temps of november.
    then on Thanksgiving Day we were in short sleeves outside! LOLOL.
    i don't know exactly what's happening.... but WE'RE one of the places where it is!
    however... even though it was 98 yesterday in the SW part of our state... we ALL got a blessed rain ... off and on all night!
    and today it's truly a FALL DAY! YAYYYY! you can bet i'm indulging in it. my window is open and i'm in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, Peggy! Terry and I were out in the late afternoon walking in the cool, bright autumn air. BTW, are you watching the Outlander series on Starz? I saw the Diana Gabaldon quote and thought that you might have read the books or watched the series. Happy evening to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I don't get Starz on tv. I need to read those books.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.