#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, November 10, 2014

Follow your bliss

Have you ever had an activity that was your bliss? While you are doing it you are in the zone and peaceful. You feel so happy and you could do it forever. That' show I feel when I am decorating. It might be making a vignette or arranging flowers or in today's case doing a craft.

I found some pretties in Virginia at Hobby Lobby....some of the new mesh ribbon in a gorgeous shade of turquoise blue and 3 big blue balls. That along with some snowflakes from Tuesday Morning and some ivory balls from Goodwill made the basis for my new outdoor wreath.

You may remember my front door fiasco from a few years back. I decided to paint it yellow. I'm a horrible painter and I won't bore you with all the sordid details but suffice to say my husband had to completely redo it. He painted it a beautiful shade of blue that I have enjoyed through all the seasons. I felt this year not to do a traditional Christmas outdoors but to use blue and silver.

I climbed up in the attic and found this shabby wreath. It was quite large.

So I spent some time taking off all the decorations and lights. Next I started making the wreath by adding the mesh ribbon. It is very easy to work with and eye catching. If you haven't tried it you will love it.

 

I put the three balls hanging in the center and ivory balls around. I added the two snowflakes and some sparkly mesh ivory ribbon.

I made a matching wreath for the light pole too.

 

2 comments :

  1. Lovely...

    Sadly I don't do such things. And get your Joy from so doing.

    But then, we are each different.

    I used to sort of feel blahhhhhh, seeing all the imagination of others, and not doing it myself.

    But! I have come to accept... That that is not part of me. And that that's ok. :-) Each has a right to be different.

    Enjoy your form of Bliss!!!! May each of us, have our own.

    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wreaths are Beautiful! And the idea that you are following your bliss while creating them makes them all that more special. Love the blue mesh ribbon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.