#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Intersteller

I love the movies and a typical date night with Don is dinner and a movie. Our local theater for a while was committed to only showing pg rated movies which left out most of the films that Don and I liked to view. So we would travel to a nearby town twenty five mikes away for our date. Then the Main Street Moviehouse had a new owner who is bringing first rate films to town. It is so nice to just go five minutes downtown to see a movie. He also has continued a unique tradition that was started several years ago. It is a Monday night special showing of movies that normally wouldn't make it to town. These five thirty showings would includ foreign films, oscar performances, indie films and religious movies. There actually is quite a crowd that gathers for these films each week for ten or twelve weeks. Sometimes the theater is packed. That is good to see since some regular showings have only six to ten people in them like yesterday's matinee of Intersteller.

I wasn't prepared to like Intersteller although I loved the cast...Michael Maconaughey, Anne Hathaway, Michael Caine. I lumped it in with other space movies like Gravity. I thought..just another trying to conquer outer space movie.

I was pleasantly surprised that this movie had well written dialogue, great action that kept you on the edge of your seat, and twists of plot that surprised you. It was two and a half hours long but I didn't even notice because there was so much going on to concentrate on. I highly recommend it.




Afterwards we went to the local Chinese restaurant for dinner.

 

2 comments :

  1. Always interesting to see a real-person's review of a film. And compare it, to one of a reviewer's. :-)

    Needless to say, the paper's reviewer did not appreciate the film. And you did! Good for finding your own review!

    Golly, we have this lovely down town theater, and of late, the films they have been offering, have not been things I really want to see. But I'm sure, as soon as the flu spreading season really hits, there will be films every week, which I want! And by then, I won;t let us venture out into sustained crowds. "Murphy's Law"!!! LOL

    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. first... LOVE the new header. so atmospheric. the background AND the picture.
    I wish our theaters were like that. how wonderful!
    this is a university town. they cater to that age group.
    and this movie is playing. i'll try to see it. like you... I like the actors especially.
    thanks! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.