#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, December 19, 2014

last minute

It’s getting closer each day. Christmas is coming. Isn’t it funny that one day takes so much preparation? We put all our energy into this one holiday much more than any other one all year long. There’s not much prep for the fourth of July.  Just haul out the picnic supplies and barbeque sauce. And for Easter there’s a big ham dinner.  Thanksgiving requires a big dinner but there isn’t the rush to buy a ton of presents and wrap them, make cookies, or attend festivities. All this gets one special day each year.
    By the time it gets here are you just plumb wore out? There were years that I felt like that.  Whew! Glad to have the 25th come so I could quit.
   But this year it has not been that way at all.  I call it the lackadaisical Christmas. I haven’t worried about shopping, just getting it done in my own good time. And cookie baking has taken a back seat. I’ve made a few but not mega dozens like before. Decorating has been pretty but not voluminous. I’m just stepping back. No particular reason…just taking it easy.
     I’ve had a project that I have been having so much fun with.  For my two little grandchildren, six and four, I am making a dress up hat box. Over the months I have been collecting all kinds of hat…sombreros, Easter bonnets, cowboy hat, nurses’ caps, chef’s, Blues brothers hat and sunglasses, boas, golfer’s hats, berets, purses, etc. It has been so much fun.  Today I went to a costume store and got mustaches and beards.  I think they are going to have so much fun with this.  I know I am going to have fun playing with the kids and pretending. won’t that be fun!
     I hope that your Christmas plans are well under way and you are not stressing out about it. It’s a time to enjoy.

     

2 comments :

  1. simplicity at christmas! now you're in my camp! LOLOL. and in all aspects of life really. always the best!
    i've never understood the excess of it all. "tons" of gifts . . . tons of baking . . . shopping. . . tons of decor . . . and on and on it goes.
    it's like the whole idea of it has a life of its own anymore . . . like a freight train! and it's not even about that. how odd really.
    and your idea of a dress~up box is just priceless! they're going to LOVE IT!!! pictures! we'll want pictures!!!! :D
    xo♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make it simple....less is so much more :). Can't wait to hear about the fun with the Hat Box!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.