#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, December 01, 2014

Mom and Dad

At Christmas time it’s easy to think about your childhood and your parents.  My mom and dad were such wonderful parents. I miss them everyday. When people are acting mean or disrespectful my sister reminds me that not everybody grew up in our house.  We had such a gentle upbringing full of love.  After my parents retired to Georgia they would come up at Christmas every year.  They would open the trunk of the car and out would come boxes full of bounty.  They had a lovely plot of land and would grow their own peaches, plums, strawberries, and make al kinds of jellies.  They also brought boughs of holly and juniper for my decorating as well as pecans for baking.  Dad also made his homemade wine from grapes they grew right on their four acres.  At this time of year I remember the fun times we all had  laughing around the table.  We were blessed. .

IMG_2894

2 comments :

  1. look at you.
    you look just like your beloved mom.
    how lucky to have them long into your life.
    it's the only thing in my life i would change. having my bob longer. and also my dear parents and little gram.
    but i too have wonderful memories of a good childhood. lots of love and respect. equally shown.
    what a valuable gift to give one's children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that photo of your parents, Peggy! Love just oozes from it. I miss my parents so much at this time of year. Thank you for sharing your lovely memories.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.