#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, December 08, 2014

Mr. And Mrs Fox

Aren't these the cutest salt and pepper shakers? And they look so good with Linda's new plaid dishes from Williams Sonoma and her plaid tablecloth from All That..the Christmas tree shoppe.

Our family has a special connection to foxes. My mother' side of the family are Todds who originated in Scotland. Todd was originally Todhunter or hunters of the fox. Our family crest has foxes on it. Recently I made a family history book for the members of my family. I think it is important to know where you came from. I was lucky to have some research done by a family member. I will share this with you later.

 

4 comments :

  1. it is fun.
    i'm doing some family searching myself and also have scottish roots! and english. talk about possible early warring factions!
    love the foxes.
    they're so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a dapper couple!

    I am 1/4 Scotch but don't know about my heritage. Sad I know. I've never dug into it.

    I am Scottish, Irish, German and Austrian.

    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Linda's table! The fox s & p's were a great find.

    Scotch-Irish & English on father's side; German on mother's side from a little German town in SC called Walhalla! My sister is the one into searching out family roots in my family but I've recently found the Finding Your Roots show on PBS and am hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The foxes are very cute, Peggy! Very cool family connection ~ Isn't family history fun? Have you ever read Roald Dahl's "Fantastic Mr. Fox?" I bet your grandchildren would love to have it read aloud to them. My background is like a roll call of the clans! but I have a little Dutch and French way back. I'm glad that you made it home with all you bundles and greens! And of course this decorating-challenged person would love to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.