#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Profile

All about me

Tea or coffee? Definitely herbal tea with lemons and honey served piping hot Ina small cast iron pot on my little french tray.

I collect....lichen on an old fallen tree branch to use in decorating while I'm walking

Favorite city? It's a toss up between Charleston and Savannah.

Spring or Fall. I love the colors of fall and the crispness in the air, the feel of sweaters against my skin and long warm walks with the changing leaves.

Bloom of choice. Hydrangeas locally but if I lived in California I'd love to call Agapanthus my favorite.

China pattern. I don't have a very favorite but tend to like stoneware and earth tone colors. Black and white too of course.

I'm lusting after...a really soft leather messenger purse.

Most prized possession.....my father's memoirs.

Boy crush? Robert Redford's natural cuteness has always turned me on. Who didn't love Hubble? And I loved the humor of Richard Dryffus. Think Goodbye Girl.

On weekends? Relaxing, reading, enjoying family.

Favorite quote? Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Ralph Waldo Emerson.

 

I'd love to hear about you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

5 comments :

  1. what a sweet picture!
    and i too loved hubble! and redford in 'barefoot in the park' . . . remember that one! OH MY! well . . and redford in ANYTHING!!!
    and. . .
    so enjoyed all your little christmas videos! XO♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely picture of you two!

    I can never resist an unusual lichen too. Hubble was beautiful, must admit to thinking Gregory Peck was the ultimate but also Cary Grant, especially after watching The Bishop's Wife tonight after Christmas business has settled down. Favorite city is Asheville and favorite tiny town is Little Switzerland. Neither tea or coffee, vegetable juice with lots of hot sauce and lemon juice.

    Autumn overwhelmingly but spring's daffodils my favorite. China? About anything Spode but I'm a dishaholic. I'm lusting after--a professional paint job for interior and exterior. Oh, I wish my father had kept memoirs--lucky you--but I do have the letters my grandmother wrote my mother.

    Favorite quote: "People with great projects afoot habitually look further and more clearly into the future than people who are mired in day-to-day concerns. They do not easily grow sad or old; they are seldom intimidated by the alarms and confusions of the present because they have something greater of their own, some sense of their large and coherent motion in time, to compare the present with." Robert Grudin.

    Putting that quote into practice daily is a challenge.

    I think you are probably leaving new trails for that granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a thoughtful quote. My son has been to Switzerland a few times on business and loves it.

      Delete
    2. Oh, how I'd love to go to the real Switzerland! But if you ever get a chance to travel the Blue Ridge Parkway, be sure to get off when you see the tiny town of Little Switzerland, NC!

      Delete
  3. We were on the Blue Ridge Parkway once thinking it was a short cut. We couldn't get off for a long time...but what incredible views. I didn't know there was a little Switzerland.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.