#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, January 29, 2015

A Cozy Corner

You know me...if it stands still I will decorate it. I couldn't wait to get the kitchen finished so I could put my personal touches on it.

I am not one of those people who have the philosophy..one in, one out. I just can't part with things sometimes. Prime example is that rooster lamp.

 

I got it from QVC many years ago..a Valerie Parr Hill item. And I loved it and used it for many years. Then it got abandoned for other pretty things. But I just couldn't let it go so it went into a deep dark bin and sat for many years just waiting for the right moment. And this is it.

I love how it looks in the corner. I may even consider keeping the rooster chandelier.

 

These fruit pictures are another example of something I just couldn't give away. Now they have found a home above the tv. By the way if anyone has a good suggestion for those awful cords please let me know. I'm thinking of putting a shelf under the tv just so that it doesn't look like it's floating in space and the cords can partially hide beneath it.

The island cart also has a rooster...is there a theme going on..? Are rooster passé?

 

4 comments :

  1. and I have already commented on what a lovely and cozy eating area you have!

    and I say, nothing is passé, if it pleases you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peggy! I seem to be perpetually playing catch up with all my favorite blogs. But I do catch up! I'm sorry to hear that you had the winter doldrums, but surely those happy shots of your grandchildren in the snow and your warm, welcoming new kitchen are helping you chase them away. I love the roosters! Who cares what is in or out? ~ My decorating mantra is to surround yourself with things you love and enjoy. I like your idea of putting something under the TV. And your floral curtains or whatever they are called are wonderful. I had already seen the Bud Super Bowl ad ~ I love the big draft horses; I've even visited one of the Bud teams in San Diego. That evil coyote ~ The ad peeps sure know how to pull at heartstrings! I fall for Facebook quizzes. I didn't realize there were some on You Tube. I love how comfortable you are with where you are in life, Peggy, and that red hair with attitude! I've been trying to chase away the doldrums myself and not too successfully. My cold spiraled down into bronchitis last weekend. I'm allergic to almost all antibiotics, so I just have to ride it out. That's why I didn't get another post up this week, and why I've fallen behind AGAIN. But not to whine ~ every day is a precious gift, and we need to count our blessings and hold those we love close. Have a happy, happy weekend. I hope that you didn't get too buried by the recent eastern blizzard. Hugs to you and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is.
    it's super cozy.
    a lovely place for morning coffee or breakfast ... looking out upon the world.
    love it. :D
    xo♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh!! lol how much brighter the kitchen is now...we can truly see the beauty of what you put out to decorate :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.