#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, January 05, 2015

And so it begins

The kitchen remodel started today. We spent the entire weeken unloading cabinets and shelves. How does one person have so much? I didn't take the time to sort things out but when I put them back I will cull. I don't have the need for ten little ice cram dishes or milkshake glasses. And I'm sure there are a lot of things that I can part with now. I used to entertain a lot and had a lot of people at the house. Now it's usually just the two of us most of the time. And I'm simplifying my life. Here are some before pictures.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And this is a rendering of the after.

 

3 comments :

  1. you know i live a very simplified life.
    so it always thrills me whenever a friend ... or anyone actually ... realizes how little they truly need to still live a beautiful life!
    and...
    i KNOW it's old. but your kitchen now is so welcoming. so charming. so warm. it's beautiful to me.
    the new one is going to have a hard act to follow! but let the fun begin! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you, Peggy! It will be a lot of bother, probably, but just keep your mind on the results coming.

    And maybe the timing of this project will help get you through this time of mourning your friend. I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working backwards as I catch up. What a warm and welcoming cheerful spot your old kitchen is! What a contrast to the snow outside!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.