#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, February 20, 2015

Dreaming of Savannah

Another cold morning...minus nine. This is the big day I've been waiting for. It's the day my quartz countertops will be installed. More pictures will follow later for sure.

Meanwhile in my mind I have been elsewhere. I love to travel and anyone who knows me knows that I like to get out of Bradford periodically. I have family in Virginia and Tennessee and like to go there often. It's always fun to get together with family and we have a great time. But I also like to go somewhere else. My sisters and I have had some trips together and so have my friends and I. There's nothing I like better than to go to a place I've never been before and explore. Since I live in the woods I like to go to cities that offer things that I can't see here in my small town...like museums, plays, attractions, good restaurants, and shopping. Currently my sisters and I are thinking about a return trip to Savannah. Several years ago we went to Charleston and Savannah and had a ball. What beautiful cities. So in this cold weather I can be dreaming of the south.

Savannah is laid out to have parks called squares at the intersections of their streets.

 

Each of the squares are unique and beautiful. It is the most interesting city to walk through.

When we were there the last time we ate at Paula Deen's restaurant (which was just like eating at my mom's table..she was born in Georgia), did tours, rode a buggy tour of the ghost houses, ate fine dining, and shopped at the local stores.

So on this cold day...I'm Southern dreaming.

 

3 comments :

  1. oh we would love to visit Savannah!

    thank you for taking me there, via lovely (and big) pictures.

    and yes, 'tis the time for we northerners, to dream of warmer climes. my banner now takes readers to Santorini. :-))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:26 PM

    Savannah sounds like so much fun!!
    Caron & Josh

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I were you, I'd spread my wings further south :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.