#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, February 07, 2015

Nell Hill

My home style has really evolved over many, many years. BAck in the seventies there was a brown plaid couch and orange rug. So in style back then. There have been ducks and blue kitchens and Victorian blues and pinks. AS I grew so did my style. I didn't have any mentors or examples of great style. I read Good Housekepping and Redbook but didn'tt hink too much about decorating style. GRadually it evolved. I went from country style to a more traditional way of decorating.

A few years ago I discovered Nell Hill and it just clicked with me that I loved everything about her style and the way she put things together. It just seemed to resonate with me.

She is an instpiration and I bought a few of her books. Her style is using objects and nature together to create a cohesive setting. Everything is a vignette and pleasing to look at.

Mary Carol Garrity has her Nell Hill store in Kansas City,Kansas. How I would love to visit that store. She has a blog and facebook page and is down to earth in her decorating.

ARe there decorating styles that make you happy and you try to emulate?

 

2 comments :

  1. have always loved the english country house style of decor. nothing contrived. just a little old mixed with new.
    comfort. cozy.
    floral mixed with bits of tartan (or plaid!) and flowers and books ... like it has evolved simply through fine living.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Peggy! This is an insightful post. Your home always looks inviting and full of personality! It fascinates me to see what you do ~ so pulled together and natural, not contrived or staged. I don't have a style per se. I just like to surround myself with things that have significance for Terry and me. A perfect example of that would be the Indian carved bird on a piece of driftwood that Father Ouimet gave me. I guess I could say my style is eclectic. My home definitely must be comfortable for Terry and me and anyone sharing it with us. Neat and tidy is absolutely a priority, because I can't function in chaos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.