#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

No matter how long the winter

When the icicles hang and the ground is white it is hard to imagine that Spring will come again.

Always in February I get a longing for warmth. Our winters are long..and cold. And there hasn't been a thaw in months and months. I long to take Sadie out for a walk. I want to eat out in the courtyard. I want to feel the sun on my face. Instead I am cooped up inside and hibernating like a bear.

So here are a few pictures from my Spring garden last year as a reminder that color will be back in my life. If not soon...at least for certain.

 

 

 

 

 

3 comments :

  1. oh my goodness! i got to just play 'catch up' with posts i've missed.
    you had me laughing with your hockey pucks! LOLOLOL!!!! i've had some of those myself!
    and this post with the spring garden flowers . . . oh so beautiful. and even moreso with thinking of what you're putting up with.
    we had a brief ice storm come through . . . octavia i think it was. but no snow.
    and now it's all brown and grey and dead looking again! still. i'll take that over being housebound!
    and when you cancel coffee with the girls . . . i KNOW IT"S BAD! xoxo♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your spring garden is so lovely, Peggy! I was laughing over your hockey pucks! I understand your bread rising problem. I was making bread by the time I was ten. The only bread we could have was homemade. We always had a furnace or a warming oven in a wood stove. I haven't tried it for years, because I don't know how to raise it. My oven's lowest setting is 180º F. which is too high. But, hey, your valentine-shaped cherry cheesecake looked spectacular! Stay warm and safe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.