#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, February 15, 2015

So deep

 

"The snow was endless, a heavy blanket on the outdoors; it had a way about it. A beauty. But I knew that, like many things, beauty could be deceiving."

― Cambria Hebert, Whiteout

 

Don't let the sunny day fool you. It's mighty cold outside. Tonight's low May reach minus seventeen. That will be colder than In Minnesota and Alaska. We used to be called the Icebox of the North. Our slogan is cold Hands, Warm Hearts.

 

Don and I didn't go to the concert last night. With the bad roads we decided not to go out. Instead I fixed aValentine's dinner. Have you used Campbell's Soup for Easy Cooking sauces? I poured the sweet onion sauce over two thick pork chops and baked them for a while. Very tender. We had a green bean casserole and baked potatoes. And for dessert I made this

 

Cheesecake with cherries in my heart shaped pie pan. I've had that pan for a long time now and it's perfect for this.

We have already cancelled our coffee group for tomorrow. I will stay in and try to finish David Baldacci's book. the Escape.

 

I hope you all are toasty and warm where you are.

 

2 comments :

  1. wisdom... not to try to make it, on such winter roads...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly are using that brand new stove and oven!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.