#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Who doesn't love Mrs. Patmore?

 

Every Sunday night the world stops while I'm glued to the TV set watching Downton Abbey. It is by far the best thing on television! There are so many chaacters and subplots you can't miss one conversation or you'll miss a key piece of the puzzle of the household.

It's hard to pick your favorite character but I think mine has always been Mrs. Hughes. She runs the downstairs and always seems to be in the know about the happenings both upstairs and down. When there is a problem she seems able to help. And that last scene last year of her and Mr. Carson on the beach was precious.

 

 

 

But who doesn't love Mrs. Patmore? I was crying along with her when she found out that Daisy was leaving.

And weren't the costumes spectacular ! I need to go back and watch the episode just to see the gorgeous dresses and hairpieces.

 

 

 

Were you as shocked as I was when they carted Anna away? What's to become of her?

 

And am I the only one who wants to see Tom and Edith marry?

 

Next week is the finale and I don't now how I will stand it. Who is your favorite character?

 

4 comments :

  1. -blush- I don't watch "DA"... yes, me and 3 other people, worldwide.... -grin-

    those as old as I am, remember being mesmerized by the first one of these elegant Brit soap operas... "The Forsyte Saga." (1967) I read the book, along with the tv series. reading what had been shown on tv, after it had been shown. not wanting to spoil a bit of the suspense.

    that was a staggering experience. one gets so invested, with the characters. never got into another one, like that first one.

    yes, I love sets and costumes, and Maggie Smith. but.......

    I suppose I'll have to watch and fast forward through it, some day. from the library. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Tessa. I don't think you will fast forward through it. Give it a try. If you liked British drama you will love this.

      Delete
  2. Well... I am one of the other 3 that have never watched 'DA'. :) It looks wonderful, I just have never watched it. I have said before, I need to go to the library and check out the first season of DA and see how I like it. I have been told I should start at the beginning to know what is going on. Enjoy the fanale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, here's #3, because I haven't seen it either. I have season one, but my DVR player broke a couple of years ago! LOL! But I know so many millions love it. Is it the season's finale or the series finale???

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.