#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, February 05, 2015

You've got to have friends

Today I spent a delightful day with my friend Bonnie. Bonnie was a fellow teacher and we used to exchange positive affirmations back and forth to each other via school mail. She retired a few years before me. We had a nice afternoon chatting about our families and I helped her cook some sloppy joes which she gave me to take home for dinner for Don and I. We had a light lunch and I brought pound cake and strawberries for dessert.

It has been a sunny pretty day today but still very cold But the sunshine has a way of making you feel better. I had to shovel about five more inches of snow early this morning to keep a path cleared for Sadie.

Are you watching American Idol? I love it since they have three great judges...Keith Urban, Jennifer Lopez and Harry Connick. And the talent is getting better and better every year. This old video shows the very first Idol competition. Who could have known that Kelly Clarkson would have become such a star and that Ryan Seacrest would amass an empire? I've never voted but I enjoy the competitiveness of the show. It certainly is the American dream.

1 comment :

  1. Hi Peggy! How lovely that you had a fun day with Bonnie. I'm meeting a teammate of mine for lunch on Tuesday. We were in the trenches together and kept each other sane with laughter! Yes, I'm watching American Idols. The Harry, Keith, Jennifer, Ryan combo is gold. The other judges I really liked were Steven Tyler, Paula, and Randy. I love that these judges are not harsh and cruel like Simon was. I met Ryan in Las Vegas shortly after Ruben Studdard won. Ryan was really great, and he signed a T-shirt for me to give to one of my nieces. I do vote! Thanks for sharing that video! It's funny to look way back ~ and how fuzzy were the TVs! We're so spoiled now with high def! Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.