#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, March 30, 2015

A little photo session


I am trying to get out my camera more often.
I admire the still life photography that I see on the blogs I visit. And I love playing with the apps on the ipad.
This little vintage chocolate pot was purchased at an antique store many years ago when Don and I spent many hours pouring through the treasures unearthed.
We started collecting antiques early in our marriage and loved going to estate sales and auctions.
Don loved cut glass and added beautiful bowls to our collection. The German doll was given to Don when he helped someone move.
 
I was into my country phase and was delighted when I found old cookie cutters. I also love picnic baskets.
 
And of course we were always on the lookout for chocolate glass. Don has quite a nice collection of this Greentown Indiana glass that was only made for four years before the factory burned down.
 
 
Don also has two old Edison phonographs with round records.
 
It has been fun over the years looking for treasures.
 
 

 

2 comments :

  1. Learn something new, every day... :-)

    I had never heard of Brown Glass!

    How interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca11:35 PM

    I love antiques too. I have never heard of brown glass. I will have to google that. My china doll has the same face yours does.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.