#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Blast from the past

In 2006 we decided to add on a family room to the back of our house. Many wondered why we bothered because by then the boys were out of the house. But I always wanted more room and so we began.

We had the shell built for us but Don took on the task of doing all the work himself for the rest. It was a daunting task. He did his own electrical work, plumbing,finishing, moldings and painting. As well as roofed. Bless his heart.

The other day Chris sent us these pictures to remind us what it looked like before.

I got a laugh out of this one....notice I hung wreaths on the door and tried out the curtains at the windows? I was so impatient. I couldn't wait to see how they would look.

We have never regretted adding on. I love my big table now and a space to watch tv. We live in this room now.

 

3 comments :

  1. Wow!!! What a wonderful job he did!!!!! He certainly must get a smile of satisfaction, every time he walks into this addition.

    And perhaps your friends didn't understand it at the time. But you have loved it and lived in it. And proved your point. :-)

    Not that you needed to prove anything. Just.... you did. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLOL!!! i laughed as soon as i saw those wreaths and the curtain! peggy can't wait! LOLOL. so cute.
    and then you and your hero. what a fantastic picture.
    and wow.
    did he do a wonderful job. and you KNOW it was done with love and quality. how great is that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You married a tool guy ~ lucky you! The room is beautiful, but more beautiful is the photo of you and Don! I LOVE lots of space! Have a great week, Peggy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.