#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Busy Friday

Missed posting yesterday. It was a busy day. First the floor guys were here for two days and the floor is done. I chose to go with sixteen by sixteen inch vinyl tikes with grout in between. I love the look.

Now the kitchen is finished. I'd still like to replace the light fixture over the table and bye a new style of chair but for now we are done.

I had my final literary Club luncheon at noon. Joan was picking me up and when she came I walked out the French doors since I couldn't go out through the kitchen and two steps later my feet in their dressy flat soled slippery shoes went right out from under me. I fell on my hip as my head bounced off the ice. I anticipated tht I was in for a world of hurt but after icing my head down to prevent a goose bump I was actually able to attend the luncheon. I have been so careful all winter and to fall right at my house was upsetting. It really could have been a lot worse. I was so fortunate.

 

Our luncheon was at the Bradford Club. The appetizer looked gorgeous. I wish I had my camera to take a picture of the food. This is a private club so I don't eat there very often. On the salad plate were three spinach leaves set in a petal shape. Then very thin slices of mandarin oranges topped with radish straws Ina lemony vinaigrette. The main course was turkey beast rolled up with a soft stuffing with cranerries and oranges with the most beautiful golden citrus sauce on the plate. The vegetable was thin ribbons of zucchini and carrots. There was also a twice baked potato and rolls. For dessert an angel food cake stuffed with strawberry mousse. Just delicious.

Our speaker was Cheryl Bazzoui a local author who read one of he short stories to us. She writes under the pen name Ann McCauly. Ann's Runaway Grandma has been recommended for book clubs by bookmovement.com.

It was an enjoyable day

 

1 comment :

  1. on your hip and your head! ouch....

    bet it hurts more this morning. and just wondering... no one likes to go for X-rays, but....... a hip is a hip is a hip, when we are a wee bit "olden".... not to even mention your head... which could have gotten a slight concussion.

    I know. you don't want to hear any of this. I know only too well, that we don't want to hear such talk. but......

    glad you enjoyed your luncheon!!!

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.