#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Peter Rabbit picks

Doesn't everyone love the story of Peter Rabbit? When I taught first grade it was one of my favorite Springtime stories.

I found an vintage copy of the story at an antique store.

 

This story has the most wonderful illustrations.

So for Easter my family from near Harrisburg are coming and I wanted to make cupcakes with Peter Rabbit picks on top. Now if I lived in a bigger city I could just go to Michael's and find lovely picks and cupcake liners. But I have to drive an hour and a half to get there so I got on the web and googled it. After searching a while I found a page wit just the right illustrations for the picks. I printed them out on card stock and added toothpicks. I think they will look nice on the cupcakes.

 

 

 

Another favorite story that I read to my third graders is The Country Bunny and the little Gold Shoes. It is the story of how the Easter Bunny is picked. A clever mother rabbit is chosen.

I can't wait to read this to Sara since it comes with a little necklace of gold shoes.

 

1 comment :

  1. i dearly love vintage children's books. i have one that i treasure. it's called 'children's album' ...
    and it's was my great grandfather's i think... when he was a boy.
    inside in his childish script is his name and the date ... december 25, 1872. i guess it must have been a christmas present!
    and your little peter rabbit cupcake posts are simply adorable!
    i bet threre are young brides and homemakers in your town who would love you to give a class at the local library on how to make the enchanting things you do... like the wreath you just made! it would be fun for you. and this idea right here of the peter rabbit cupcakes. you're very creative. and they would benefit from just the joy and camaraderie of it all! as well as the beauty! XOXO♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.