#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Untitled

A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:

Smaller than a breadbox, bigger than a TV remote, the average book fits into

the human hand with a seductive nestling, a kiss of texture, whether of

cover cloth, glazed jacket, or flexible paperback. -John Updike, writer (18

Mar 1932-2009)

Do you still love the feel of a book in your hnd or are you reading with a device?



It's sad to think that books will be disappeaaring the way that magazines are now. I know progress has to be made and time moves on but I can't imagine a library without books but someday our grandchildren and their children will live to see that day come. They will thing it archaic that we once cut down trees to make paper and saved books on bookshelves.

Butwhile I can I want to hold a book in my hand. I want to use a pretty bookmark to hold my place. And as I turn the last page I want to slowly close the book and breathe a sigh of satisfaction of a book well written.



 

 

1 comment :

  1. yes, I love books!

    no, I have never read a book, on a device!

    and don't give in yet, to pessimism of books disappearing. do a search on whether books will really disappear... or on any variation of that idea... and I think you will come up with some hopeful articles.

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.