#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

USE WHAT YO HAVE

For several years  now I have taken on a new mantra…use what you have.  Instead of buying new (well, you know I’ll be buying a few new things…but not as much as before) I am trying to repurpose and reuse what I already own and enjoy it.
   That means as each season arrives I need to go into the dreaded attic and haul out my past decorations. I am also trying not to overdecorate. (I know, that’s hard for me…remember I was a teacher and used to making my classroom colorful and inviting).
   Each time I go through the bins I sort and eliminate all those items that are no longer pleasing to me. We all know our taste changes over the years and we need to move on. I’m trying to narrow it down to only a few bins for each season. (Good luck with that!)
    I’m chomping at the bit to get out the Spring decorations especially when I see that happening all over the blogs that I visit. Maybe next week.  Until this white deep snow disappears its hard to think about Spring being here.
    My sunroom is already done in a garden/bird theme so Spring is an easy season to add in. I have to be careful not to over-bird. But a few nests here and there help bring on the feeling that before long I will be hearing the birds sing.
   Today it is still in the thirties but gradually the snowbanks are getting smaller. But oh, they look so dirty now.
   Today I am going to my friend Bonnie’s house for lunch and tonight our Bradford Creative and Performing Arts group is bringing in a program of Irish Dancers called Rhythm of the Dance. 
I am leaving you with a picture of daffodils that I took some time ago.
dance with the daffodils
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.