#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, May 07, 2015

A little spring randomness

Ah, can you feel it? Spring is in the air. A cooling breeze is blowing down from the hill behind us. Unfortunately the loggers who have raped the hillside behind are house are making noise with one of their big machines. Now that they have completely stripped the whole hillside I see the property is up for sale. Shame on them!

But I try not to let that disturb my reverie as I sit out on the breezeway and enjoy this warm day. They say the temperatures will be reaching in the eighties by the weekend. Time to get out our window air conditioners for the season.


Mrs. Robin has returned to her old nest in the climbing hydrangea. I know you can't see her in this picture but she is up in the upper right corner by the drainpipe. She is still a little skittish and flys away when we come out. I Herve her squawking up in the yard trying to draw us away from the nest. We go in occasionally to give her her space. Last year I came out to find Sadie nose to nose with a baby robin.



The spring flower bed is blooming nicely the grape hyacinths have really spread this year. It's a lovely spot. This morning I weeded out all the dandelions and other assorted weeds. Like those running buttercups. Their roots just won't give up.

Don finished the wall and is moving on to cleaning out the pond. I can't wait for the sound of the waterfall.

 

Isn't this moss purse adorable. My sister Diane have it to me when I visited.

Today I have both the french doors open to let the air in. glorious.

And one last picture Dan and Gretchen in Spain. She is a wonderful blogger and put a travelogue on her blog Gretch Runs.

 

I hope you all enjoy your day wherever you are and whatever the weather.

 

4 comments :

  1. love the begonias, in the "moss purse"...

    Is that stripped hillside, where the bears lived? the bears, who were a menace, at times? if so, I'd think it was a good thing, that it was stripped.

    even though, it is never "a good thing" to take away, animals natural environment. a real "which-is-best?" thing. but I'd not want to be afraid of bears either.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tired, so if I didn't make sense there, lol.... please forgive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aren't dan and gretchen an adorable couple! and so wise to be enjoying their young years traveling.
    and i hate that the developers have done that to the hillside. bears or no bears. it's so sad. and being done all over the country.
    you have the best attitude. i'm afraid i don't!
    and to end on a happy note... i LOVE dandy lions and butter cups! i think they're not weeds at all but little spots of yellow sunshine on all the green! only man has made them a weed! i think of them as the little common folk of flowers! LOL.
    probably why i relate so well to them. LOLOL. xo♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so hear what you are saying about development, Peggy! My whole prairie world has been ripped up from horizon to horizon. But what can you do, but make the most of what is left/ Got to speak up for dandelions which I love. they provide early food for our honeybees. I agree with Tammy ~ they are spots of yellow sunshine, and I look forward to them every spring. Your garden is lovely, and I love that you give Mrs. Robin space. It's great that Dan and Gretchen are traveling while they are young and energetic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.