#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, May 15, 2015

Bohemian

Bohemian...a person who has informal or unconventional social habits, especially an artist or a writer.

I've always thought of myself as a little different. My thoughts are a little unconventional as the years proved that I didn't always think the same way as my peers. I tended to be creative in a lot of ways and just thought that everyone was like me. But I was accepting of who I was. I liked art and at one time aspired to be an artist. In fact, I started college as an art major. Some of you may know the story of how I had to quit college to take care of my family who had been in a winter accident. I did go back, but into teaching instead.

I loved bright colors and that was reflective in my wardrobe. I especially loved the eighties when I could wear colorful scarves with big earrings and matchy-matchy necklaces and bracelets. I was the earring queen. No fancy gold for me...I loved costume jewelry.

But as I aged I became more conservative and my wardrobe suddenly had a lot of brown and beige. I spiced it up with jewelry and scarves but where was that Bohemian spirit? Why did I lose that? I felt a flame fading to a little spark. Was I using aging as an excuse not to live my life fully? Did I feel that been there, done that syndrome?

Where is my pep? That just let loose feeling? That..who give a damn?


So today I wore a scarf in my hair and beads! Let loose I said. And it felt good.

And I'm not even going to apologize for posting more pictures of myself on this blog. This is who I am....and I don't care what people think. So Bohemian...

 

2 comments :

  1. I would love to see more pictures of you!! What a great attitude you have today. It is so hard for me not to care about what people think. As I get older I am learning to let loose a little more, but it is usually my husband who says 'I don't care what they think', not me. :) Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know what i think?
    i think you are a living doll!
    your red hair and artistic hats ... so adorable! and in every picture you stand out. you have style lady.
    anyone can look chic... and well dressed... and au courant... BUT...
    to have style! ... that means one is BORN with it. i truly believe that.
    and you have style. don't ever wear beige again! LOLOLOL. you have let the real peggy out once again! YAYYYYYY!!!!
    xo♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.