#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, May 04, 2015

Do you know what is is?

When I was visiting my sisters we went to some antique stores. I came across this piece and had never seen anything like it before.

The label called it a sugar dish. I was fascinated by the domed lid and the eautiful legs. It was a little too fancy for my taste and it didn't come home with me. But I still have a curiosity about it.

So I'm putting it out there readers. Who can tell me what this was used for? I imagine it to be in the Victorian era. They had a special piece for everything. I hope you can help me out.

By the way...maybe you also know a way to take a picture and google the image. Maybe that would help me.

Can you help me solve this mystery?

 

3 comments :

  1. I AM ASTOUNDED.
    get set for a rant here.
    i see over on the sidebar... the amount of people who read this wonderful blog!
    WHERE ARE YOU???? the lady asked a question.
    WHY CAN'T YOU EVER COMMENT if you bother to enjoy her beautiful posts??????
    I'M SICK OF IT! get with the program people! do you think it's no effort to produce a lovely post... day after day?
    YOU COME HERE. IT'S PLAIN on the sidebar real live visitors that you do! SAY SOMETHING! ANYTHING!!!!!
    ok.
    rant over.
    no darling bean. i have no idea what it's for. though it makes me think of downton abbey! :D xoxoxo♥
    and... ps. you can delete this comment if you want to. i was just catching up with a few i'd missed and it suddenly came over me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and p.s.
    it dawned on me... you might not have my email address ... if you ever need it... it's tjake@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca8:57 PM

    I am sure it is a butter dish. Is their a place under the dish where you could put ice?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.