#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, May 08, 2015

Is it summer now?

As the temperature keeps rising I'm feeling that summer feeling coming on. Each day I haul more and more things from the basement as I prepare for the season ahead. It looks like Spring here as the leaves are coming out on the trees and the tulips are starting to bloom. But today it feels like summer. Eighty two and warm. Now yesterday it was eighty two also but we had that wonderful cool breeze that blows down from the hilltops and channels through my breezeway that keeps us cool. Today its more heavy heat in the air. (not complaining!)


I brought up the small fencing that I use to go around my fenced in garden area and the herb garden.


And more pillows for the swing.

After I did that of course I had to try them out to see if they were still comfortable. I grabbed John Sanford's latest book and settled down to read. But oh, what happened? My eyes got heavy and I found myself sinking into that bliss. But did I nap? No. I am not, nor have I ever been a napper. I envy those who jusst shut their eyes and go off to dreamland. For some reason I just can't do that. My husband who can sleep sitting up with a drink in his hand and never spill a drop can't understand why I can't just drift off. Wish I could, but I can't.

But I kicked off my shoes and just relaxed and enjoyed this fab Spring day.



 

3 comments :

  1. It's summer!

    Had to turn A/C on. was feeling breathless, which is what heat/humidity do to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Peggy! I can't nap either. It's cool and rainy here, with rumors of snow heading our way ~ certainly it hit the mountains today. People are joking about building an ark, but I say bring it on. We need water in our arid west on both sides of the continental divide. Happy Saturday, and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this makes me so happy.
    I love your home.
    and you!
    very just rewards for such a soldier through that long hard winter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.