#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Memorial Day

Memorial Day is a time of remembrance and honoring those who fought so bravely for our country. My husband served in the Navy and was quartermaster of his ship….which meant that he was in charge of plotting courses and steering the ship. His ship was involved in the blockade of Russian ships during the Cuban Missile Crisis. He served proudly.

Memorial Day is also a day of celebration with parades down  Main Street.  This year I met my friends at the John Williams Pastry Shop and after coffee we walked to Main Street to watch the parade.
courtyard.chair and flowers 003
My friends Jeanette and Lynda.courtyard.chair and flowers 018
Of course there was the Bradford High Band.
courtyard.chair and flowers 014

And fire trucks.
courtyard.chair and flowers 013

But this little girl just stole the show for me….so cute!

courtyard.chair and flowers 031


Afterwards we picniked at Don’s stepmother’s house.  It was so nice being with family and we spent a nice afternoon playing marbles and cards. courtyard.chair and flowers 026

2 comments :

  1. I so remember the Cuban Missile Crisis and the Russian Blockade. I feel like I'm touching history just reading your post. How proud you must be of Don!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i ditto fundy blue!
    i was in history class in high school. a junior. i remember they came on over the intercom... the principal... and said we would be listening to a newscast shortly.
    little did we know it could have been world war III. but the ships were on their way. such a moment in history! and he was part of it. something for sean and sara to know when they're old enough to understand!
    the teacher then told us how serious it was.
    i remember thinking... "but i want to grow up! i want to get married and have children!"
    and...
    when reading the first part of this post... i just thought ... peggy! i love my life. but i want YOUR life! in BRADFORD!!! LOLOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.