#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, May 02, 2015

Pussy willows and the wall

 

Nothing says Spring like a bunch of pussy willows. While I was down south I was in an antique coop and spied a large bunch in a clear glass vase and asked the store owner if they were for sale and what was the price. She said twelve dollars. Even though the vase was a cheap one that you get from the florist. I told her I didn't want the vase but could I just buy the pussy willows. She said they would cost ten dollars. Ten dollars? Was she crazy? I don't want to sound cheap but ten dollars for pussy willows. I passed. Then on the way ou she said she had pussy Willow bushes for sale outdoors for five dollars. Ok, sold. I'll grow my own pussy willows in the future. Meanwhile at home I cut a bunch from a wild bush near home and put them in a vase. Lovely!


The weather here is predicted to be warm and gorgeous for a week and I can't wait to go outdoors today and work. Don will be fixing the wall around the pond while I uncover our summer things and move them back to their rightful places. It will be a busy and joyful day


An update on Sadie. The vet put her on some new medications for her slipped disk and they are doing the trick. She went from a lethargic dog to almost back to her normal self in three days. She's on a pain pill, a muscle relaxer, an anti Imflammatory and of course now has to take thyroid meds. She went to the mailbox with me this morning and proudly carried the mail up to the house.

 

1 comment :

  1. OH! the joyous news for me is little Sadie! feeling better and carrying the mail for you! LOLOL. oh peggy. what a treasure.
    it is 83 degrees here. no spring... but SUMMER! :D
    i'm glad it's warming up for you. XO♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.