#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, May 21, 2015

The saga of the robins.

I may have already mentioned that Mrs. Robin used her same old nest from last year that was in my climbing hydrangea on the garage wall. Even though we were out on the courtyard a lot she finally got used to us and knew we meant her no harm. She and the mister spent the day flying in and out of the nest with food for those babies

*source 10,000birds.com

Well, today Don decided to take a peek into the nest to see how the babies were progressing. When he pulled back the leaves out flew a baby bird...well, not such a baby as he had feathers and looked like he was ready to leave the nest. He flew over to the lion fountain and Don carefully picked him up and reached to place him gently back in the nest...and....whoops...two more flew out. Mommy and daddy were having a fit flying around and chirping. Since they looked big enough to be on the ground we went into the house to let the parents deal with the situation. I watched while mommy led them up under the trees to safety.


 

1 comment :

  1. Wow, you can put out more posts in a week than I can in two months! You are amazing! First of all, I do hope Sadie is feeling perkier. It's hard to get older, human or canine. Fortunately Sadie has loving caretakers in you and Don! I always love the photos that you post of you, Don, Sadie, and your family. Loved those cute graduates. I enjoyed the story about the duck at the Willow Dale Cemetery. My cousin John in Nova Scotia looked after a duck for several days. Georgie even came over and quacked "Hi" to my sister and me when we visited last summer. Unfortunately Georgie died this winter, but he lived longer and happier because of my cousin. There is a Chautauqua Institute in Boulder, but it's at least an hour over freeways each way, so I've never gone to any of the classes or lectures. I have see the building though. The Pennsylvania jokes were so funny. I have been a passenger in a car that hit a deer on a back road in Penn. Not funny! Your yard is coming along beautifully. Have a happy Memorial weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.