#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Beach luncheon



Here are a few shots from the lunch with my girlfriends. The theme began when my sisters and I shopped at the Christmas Shoppe in Buffalo.  They had placemats, napkins, and cups with a crab theme and I thought they would go well for the luncheon. summer 2015 012

We needed a beach centerpiece so I gathered what few beachy items I had…a conch shell, some small shells from the Dollar Tree, some moss that looked like seaweed,
and some beach glass.
I added some blue candles, a beach chair and a fern and had a centerpiece.summer 2015 016 summer 2015 030
summer 2015 035
We put a mercury glass vase upside down in the candlier and added some viny stuff that looked like seaweed. Linda brought me some luminara candles from Tuesday Morning. I love how they look real and are on timers.
summer 2015 007
summer 2015 038
We had a lot of fun decorating the table and had an enjoyable lunch. Our menu consisted of savory rosemary raisin and pecan Mermaid Muffins, Aloha Fruited chicken Salad, Under the Sea mixed green salad and for dessert…Apple Rose Puffs.
... and delicious apple slices, wrapped in sweet and crispy puff pastry
It would be best to look up the video on Youtube but here are the ingredients.



  • 1 frozen pastry puff sheets (thawed)
  • 2 apples (red organic, I used red delicious)
  • 1/2 lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp flour (to sprinkle the counter)
  • 3 tbsps apricots (preserve)
  • cinnamon (optional)
  • powdered sugar (for decorating, optional)
It was a great dessert and really was a hit.

6 comments :

  1. oh peggy! what a lovely table!
    and an absolutely amazing dessert!!! you should be a caterer!
    well. on second thought... what a lot of work! more fun just creating such beauty and fun for your friends and sisters. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:58 PM

    It was a fabulous luncheon! As someone who was not blessed with the artistic gene, I am so appreciative of those who can visualize and then, create. Peggy and her sisters are all gifted creatively. The table looked lovely, and the food was delicious. It was a fun afternoon.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..this looks so great! I especially love the apple puffs. They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great!

    I agree with Anon. above. I was not given the how-to-see-a-finished-table-scape gene. :-) You who have it, do amazing things.

    And those apple things look too pretty to eat!

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those apple puffs look amazing! The decorations look wonderful, I would keep them up all summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This beach luncheon looks just superb. I would love to host such a fun bash on my 25th birthday. I am also planning to host the bash at some private beachside party Venues in San Francisco. It would be a DIY party so your post will be very useful for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.