#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, June 21, 2015

My footsteps of Time

Several years before my father passed away I asked him to write his memoirs. Instead he spoke them into a casssette tape recorder and presented them to me. It was incredible how much and in what detail that he remembered his past. I typed them out for our family. And then one Christmas I presented him with a scrapbook I made for him. It was one of my proudest accomplishments and a labor of love.

My father passed away in 2007 at the age of 87. And I miss him every day. He was a creative, smart, and caring man and a great father. This is the dedication to the scrapbook

happy Father's day to you dad.

 

2 comments :

  1. i read every beautiful word here. what a treasure he gave to you and you gave back to him.
    i too adored my father.
    i wrote a post about him... 'the good ones... jim reed'
    i'd like to think he knows everything i said there... and that his story was worth the telling.
    i re read it every now and then just to feel close to him again.
    you were so fortunate to have your own dad for so many years. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a work of love, Peggy! I'm sure your father treasured this scrapbook. How lucky you were to have him until he was 87. I lost my dad at 58 and my mom at 76. I miss them both every day. Thanks for sharing your memories. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.