#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, July 25, 2015

A view not often seen

 

I don't often show the fron of our house but today I'll take you on a little tour. The blue front door I feel is welcoming and I love the armillary on the column...another thing I brought home from Virginia in the van.


As you know we had a harsh winter and in the spring a very hard frost. I covered this little Japanese maple with a tarp but during the night a wind blew it off and the frost killed all the leaves and stripped it bare.

I thought for sure it was dead but now I see little leaves trying to come out.


This is the view at the side of the house and this is the back.

 

The apple tree out front. Update on Sadie. She is now taking Amoxycillan for her infection as well as liver pills. She still is weak in her back legs and lethargic. Our next step will be an ultrasound of her liver looking for cancer. It is so sad to see her immobile. She is so young, only six.


Don saved the apple buds from the frost by spraying them with water all night. Now we have good pie apples. Some are falling off the tree before they are full grown. If anyone knows why and how to prevent it please share.

 

6 comments :

  1. It is so sad to think of Sadie feeling so bad that she doesn't run and jump like she used to. I hope that the new med will help, Peggy. She is such a sweetie.

    I love your blue door against the stone work. Your exterior shots so such a neat, pretty yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca10:59 PM

    Fruit drop is actually good for the tree and the mature fruit that will come later. The tree actually is getting rid of some of its weaker fruit so it can use its resources to produce healthy mature fruit later on. There is nothing you can do to stop this nor would you want to. The tree is moving through the growing season as it should.

    Sorry about Sadie. We went through something like this last summer with our Murphy,

    Japanese Maples are very tender plants. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh, I can almost taste that apple! And was brought right-there, by your picture! Now THAT is photography. It must have awakened a memory, in my mind. :-)

    Yes, it is different to see pics of the front of your home. Not everyone wants to show front pics, for giving too much information out, on the net. I'd understand, if you didn't show such.

    Am amazed at the effect of that photo of the green apple, still. :-)

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. And of course, it is so painful, to watch a pet decline.

    So sorry......

    ReplyDelete
  5. the setting of your home is just breathtaking. like living with a forest nearby and yet neat and so well kept.
    and my beloved sadie...
    no words.
    i'll be anxiously awaiting to hear news always. and keeping only good thoughts for your little girl. xoxo♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trust your Japanese Maple...they are very sturdy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.