#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Anticipation

Do you like waiting? Does the thrill of anticipation make you happy when you look forward to something great happening? I am waiting for Our family reunion when I will be reunited with my southern cousins. Through Facebook we have reconnected after so many years. My mother's family are all from Georgia so we visited there every summer.

My mother came from a family of thirteen children and she knew all about family love. It was taught to us by example how important it is to have love in a family and a support system. My parents retired in Georgia and I spent many vacations down there. Both of my parents are buried there. The reunion will be held in a little church in Middleton where my mother attended and my grandfather sometimes preached. I wish that I could have know my grandfather better.

I am not a patient person but sometimes thinking about some pleasurable thing you are going to do in the future is exciting. I am really looking forward to seeing them all once more. I have been goin g through old pictures. People didn't take so many Pictures back then. There wasn't instant photography or Facebook to post them on. Now we document our life but then it was rare. I wish I would have had a picture of me at a young age riding on one of my grandfather's mules while he plowed the cotton field.


 

3 comments :

  1. good grief! learned a new word here. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I just visited a blog post about anticipation--anticipation's aftermath! She wrote about how quickly summer unfolds her gifts, far too quickly, but if we have to empty the vase of its faded flowers to make room for the next bouquet.

    I'm sure you will appreciate every moment of the reunion when it comes and you will carry the memories with you after it is over.

    FB has helped my cousins reconnect too. The scary thing is that now I'm the eldest of them--when did that happen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Peggy ~ I can't believe that I fell this far behind! I hate how that happens!!! But I love your posts and will catch up on every one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.