#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, August 23, 2015

I feel it coming

I can feel it. Fall is sneaking up on me. I've always love the Autumn season best. I brag how I love the plaid colors, love the crisp air, like putting on layers and scarves. But this year..not so much. I don't want fall to come so soon. It seems the summer should last longer. We get a late start to summer since our last frost is usually Memorial day. It's been a great summer but I'd like it to stay just a while longer. I feel time passing...so quickly now. I'm a carpe diem kind of gal and now I want to cram in all I can before the weather gets bad.


Speaking of scarves here's a little scarf storage trick I saw on Pinterest. I wish I had a space for this. I do have a hanging scarf storage plastic hanger with pockets that works. I'm crazy about scarves.

 

And here is something that looks interesting to try. Dip pine cones in paint and when they are dry they look like porcelain.

How do you feel about the coming season. Are you ready? And when do you start putting up your fall decorations? What is your favorite season?

 

3 comments :

  1. Very cool thing to do, with pine cones and paint!!!!!

    Autumn is my favorite time of year. Rather perfect weather. Nature's abundance. Lovely.

    I wanted to learn to fly a small plane. I took lessons. Eventually I knew I didn't have the requisites, to land! -grin-

    He had wanted to fly, since he was a little boy. So I said... You do it!!! And he did. And we co-owned a Cessna Skyhawk for some years. It was much fun!!!! But his eyesight began to deteriorate, and that was over.

    But I am so glad I wanted to fly. And then, from that, he did. And we had that time in our lives. :-)

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh.... Decorate.... I've fallen down on home decoration. Except for front door wreath.

    On my blog? Well, I don't use any Backgrounds any more. But my Autumn blog look, will probably consist of photos, art work, which evoke Autumn. But not quite yet.....

    I too, want to fully enjoy the season I am still in. This lovely in-between time...

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too feel the quickening passage of time! Each day is a gift, and I try to make the most of it! Autumn decorating? Me? I'm so bad! I've changed my location instead!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.