#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, August 24, 2015

Sharing

Putting yourself out here on blogland takes a lot of nerve. When I first started blogging it was acting like a personal journal with pictures. I wanted to capture my life and have a record of it..since I knew my bad memory wouldn't remember the things I did and the way I felt. I did it only for me..and maybe my family if they were interested. I don't live an extraordinary life. I don't do amazing crafts to share with the world. I'm not into fashion. I'm just a gal from western Pennsylvania.

Then I had a few people reading me. Mostly family. Sometimes friends. Occasionally I had visitors fom strange places and foreign countries. I figured they were just curious. Then I started gttting some regular readers. And finaly some commenters and through that have become freinds with a few bloggers. I value those friendships.

One of my friends shared something personal about herself today on her blog. It made me think how my image is portrayed on this platform. Usually I keep the really personal stuff to myself. But today I'm sharing some little known facts about my life. Not deep down secrets but just some little tidbits so you can know me better.

....I was such a tomboy when I was little. I spent one summer up in a tree in my bathing suit with a stick pretending I was Jane of the jungle.

.....I always liked people and being around people. I loved college because no matter what the time there was always someone to talk to.

....I once was hit by lightening. I was in my basement taking clothes out of the washing machine when lightening struck nearby and came into the house, through my thumb and out my waist. I had red marks there. It didn't hurt except where it went in and out.

.....I was very athletic as a teenager and loved to play basketball, field hockey, and ride horses.

.....I took piano lessons for only two years but continued to teach myself afterwards by buying my own books.

...I once had something published in Victoria magazine. It was a little story about my husband's romantic gesture.


....we each have these little moments in our lives. What is one little fact that I don't know about you? For those of you who never comment. Just choose anonymous after clicking comment below. I'd love to hear from you.

 

3 comments :

  1. WOW!!!! You had a memory, published in "Victoria" magazine!!!! Double wow!!!!

    And yes, I did share my "secret" today. ,-))))) And some are surprised, because I am so very, very social and chatty, in Blog Land. I still am chatty in Real Life. I just don't have the drive, to go out and be social. :-)

    About blogging and readers and comments.... I think it is imperative that we go find other blogs, with which we resonate. Read them. Comment in them. Keep at it, if we really would like them, to become regular readers/commenters of our blog. It's a form of "courting" in blog land. -grin-

    But it does take some time. And lots of bloggers are more Real life social than I am. and don't really have the time to do this.

    As always, to each her/his own!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh peggy.
    such a sweet touching post.
    i can see you in the tree playing jane! LOL.
    and i got tears in my eyes reading about don... standing there grinning... in the snow with his magical message. simple and huge.
    all at the same time. tears even now writing it!
    XOXO♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post, Peggy! I'm catching up working backwards. If I could just become consistent! LOL Wouldn't have wanted to miss this lovely post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.