#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Who's the alpha here?

 

Obviously Sadie is the dominant one in our relationship.


I have had dogs before but I never had the challenge of raising a Jack Russell Terrier. They have a reputation of being energetic and intelligence. But you have no idea until you see one in action. It is a constant battle to make sure that she doesn't get herself in trouble. She is six now so she is better than the first five years but still you have to be ever vigilant or she will find some trouble. She watches and waits and if you leave some food...or pills...or anything out where she can reach it you are courting trouble. She will get up on the kitchen chair and drink Don's coffee if he leaves the room. Just when you think you can trust her you are wrong.

She lets you know exactly what she wants by her looks or by being vocal. She will whine at you if she feels it is time to go for a walk.

I've read the dog training books and I know I have let her be the boss and think she can have an opinion about what she wants to do. But I like that I allow her to learn and be smart. Ok...I'm a pushover I admit it. Just love that dog. She needs this button.

 

4 comments :

  1. Oh this is the cutest! It is wonderful to see her well enough to be doing the things she used to do again. She knows she's the princess of the house. Does Sadie very loudly object to a window being raised in the house? Katie Belle does and I have no idea why. Just the sound of it drives her nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA!!!!
    absolutely adorable. actually both of you.
    but oh...
    that sadie.
    and katie belle! LOLOL. they DO let their presence be KNOWN! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love Sadie!! Great blog Peggy :). Finally took the time to sit down and enjoy reading on the happenings of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Energy and intelligence! What a fun, but challenging combination!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.