#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, September 13, 2015

A Walk in the Woods

 

Everyone who loves Robert Redford raise their hands. He has been a favorite of mine since the sixties. I think the first movie I ever saw him in was The Sting. That boyish manner and good looks had me at hello. He followed that with many other movies but my favorite scene of course was in The Way We Were when Barbara Stristand pushes a lock of his hair back in place.

Don had been wanting to see this new movie ever since he saw the previews on tv. If you don't know the premise it's about two old geezers who want to walk the Appalachian Trail. It was a pleasant movie and Nick Nolte added humor. But Don's opinion....they could have had a few more adventures. I guess because it was based on a true story it lacked the hollywood special effects and wow factor. But there was a lot of talk about nature and aging.

We had a nice lunch at Applebee's and stopped at Kohl's to spend my Kohl's cash. Why is it when you have money you can't find anything to buy? I ended up getting a woodwick candle in three spicy fall scents. That will put me in the mood for Fall now.

 

2 comments :

  1. I haven't seen this movie, but I have always enjoyed Robert Redford as an actor, Peggy! How many times I've gone into a store with money to spend and found nothing I wanted to buy ~ especially bookstores ~ Then I'll have no money and there will be fascinating books everywhere. I think it's some perverse law of the universe! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i too love redford. as a person and as an actor. such integrity.
    did you ever see one of his first films... 'barefoot in the park' ... with jane fonda? it's fabulous. just adorable. set in nyc.
    i'm finally turning the corner on this pneumonia and the marine is going to pick me up today at 1pm to go see a walk in the woods with him. can't wait!
    so i really enjoyed this post for sure.
    it's good to be back in the land of the living. LOLOL!
    XOXO♥
    and p.s.
    i know she's tall. but sara looks so tiny there with the punkins! so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.