#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, September 14, 2015

Is there a chill in the air?

We've had a turn in the weather. When I got up this morning it was 46 degrees. I know some of you don't have that kind of weather until the dead of winter. But here in northern Pennsylvania our weather changes quickly. Last night we turned on the heat and cuddled under blankets. But don't worry tomorrow it will be going up to 85. We have a saying in Bradford...if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute. I am able to sit outside on the swing as I type this...with a sweater on.

Today was the first day of my new exercise program. I went to the YMCA with my girlfriend Joan and we started using the machines. Today I only did the arm ones mostly since my hips have been killing me lately. I did do the reclining bicycle a little too. It took us a good half and hour which I thought was good. We will go again on Wednesday. I could tell that I have gotten weaker since the last time I lifted weights. I could only do five pounds. I didn't want to strain my muscles today so I took it easy

Don fixed our power washer...had to order a new pump and put it in. He cleaned up my car engine and will wash the driveway and seal it tomorrow. I guess down south you don't seal the black topped driveways...do you? Then this week I'd like to start putting things away for the winter. In fact I'll bet there are a lot of things you don't have to do.

How about the closet rotation? Do you have to pack any all your summer clothes and store and bring out all your winter things...like warm sweaters, thick socks, cozy pjs? And put the rest in the attic? And do you have at least six winter coats of various weights for light snow or blizzards? Is the bottom of your hall closet filled with three kinds of boots...low, medium and high for the varying heights of the snow? Do you get the snowshovels, salt and ice choppers ready? Is your freezer full, just in case you can't get to the store someday? Do you have to take down and store your outside table and chairs, decorations? Does your winter last until the middle of March ?

Yep, preparations will soon be made. I know bradford is not unique but two years ago we were second in the contest by the weather channel for the coldest place to live.

So I'm going to put all those thoughts aside and just enjoy this beautiful fall day. Hope you do too.


 

3 comments :

  1. At the Y, does someone go over the machines with you, the first time? Give suggestions, on use of them? I think this is a good and necessary thing. Especially when we are older.

    There are different aspects, of machines... Less than with free weights but still.... Do you know you are holding your back, in the best way, while you use machine, etc. ?

    I have used both. And by now, I worry more, about things. Like back and abdomen placement and etc., etc., etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Closet rotation? -smile- Hardly...

    Hang a few things up, in walk in closet, of bedroom. Put the rest in a some plastic bags. Done!

    Obviously, we do not have as much clothing as you do. :-)

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.
    sounds as though you're prepared for whatever comes!
    our summer will last well into the end of november probably... just like last year. every year it seems longer.
    our nights are heavenly cool. but still it gets to the mid or upper 90's each day. SIGH! as tessa says! LOLOL.
    proud of you for your exercise routine. and for taking it slowly at first. very wise. XO♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.