#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, September 21, 2015

It's here

It's not here on the calendar yet and the leaves haven't even changed but in my mind fall is here. I can tell by the crispness in the air in the mornings. And by all the oranges in the stores. I long to put away the summer clothes and get out warm sweaters and long sleeves. I love walks in the fall. There is something about walking among the goldenrod which lights up the scenery with its golden touch. The cat tails are out along the road pointing their fingers to the sky.

 

 

J.K. Rowling

“Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first September was crisp and golden as an apple.”

― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

 

But then fall comes, kicking summer out on its treacherous ass as it always does one day sometime after the midpoint of September, it stays awhile like an old friend that you have missed. It settles in the way an old friend will settle into your favorite chair and take out his pipe and light it and then fill the afternoon with stories of places he has been and things he has done since last he saw you.”











Stephen King, Salem's Lot


“Her pleasure in the walk must arise from the exercise and the day, from the view of the last smiles of the year upon the tawny leaves and withered hedges, and from repeating to herself some few of the thousand poetical descriptions extant of autumn--that season of peculiar and inexhaustible influence on the mind of taste and tenderness--that season which has drawn from every poet worthy of being read some attempt at description, or some lines of feeling.”

― Jane Austen, Persuasion

 

 

4 comments :

  1. Lovely... Your words... And the quotes....

    Leaves have not yet really changed, in our latitude have they? We are finally having more Autumn like weather though. So maybe sooooon....... :-)

    Thank you so much, for saying you enjoy the Art I find, and post. Thank you! I do have fun doing this. And although that ought to be enough, I admit it is still lovely, to have a Dear Reader say (as you do frequently!!!) that you enjoy the Art too.

    We certainly don't have to resonate with all Art. In fact, I had one, which I just didn't like and didn't post. ,-))))) The subject was sweet. But the colors and etc.... Ugh. lol....

    Autumnal hugs,
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Comments will now allow me, a mini rant. -giggggles-

    Autumn decorating in homes. Why have so many blogs, become "designer perfect"???? Their rooms, and even their vignettes are soooooooo chic and etc.

    I admit, I did a little decorating of my mantle, like I always do. But it looks soooooooo simple and not designer-done-looking. I am *ashamed* to picture it!!!! Reallllly!!! Me! Reticent to post a pic!!!! Will wonders never cease, hu??

    But I don't want to say this stuff, on my blog. Because some lovely new blogging friends, do have these kinds of blogs! Where things are chic, and looking designer-done. Etc. They are sweet women. I don't want to say, that they intimidate me, with their decor. -sighhhhhhhhhh-

    So I have now used the comment section of 2 bloggers-like-me, to do this little rant. -blushhhhhhh- I should just be glad, there are still bloggers-like-me, who do things which make them happy, with their homes. Not trying for a chic, sleek, up-to-the-latest-thing home.

    Hugs,
    Tessa
    She who is not chic, sleek, or an up-to-the-minute home decorator ,-))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quotes on autumn, Peggy! I love the fall; it's such a beautiful time of year. It's in full swing here in Victoria, leaves colored and falling. I'm looking forward to seeing what decorating you do. Meanwhile we're living each out of our suitcases. LOL Our little hotel suite is nicely put together, but there's no room for my decorating! Enjoyed the latest pics of the grands. Have a lovely week, Peggy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each of your quotes was right on, Peggy--do they still say right on? But I got a kick out of Stephen King's! It matches the sharp tang of autumn air.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.