#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Are you holding out?

Each year I am faced with a dilemma…should I hold out and not put my Christmas decorations out till after Thanksgiving or should I give in and go ahead and decorate for Christmas ahead of time? I have always waited. Long ago I didn’t decorate until two weeks before Christmas. Then it became the week after Thanksgiving. And last year since my son from Tennessee and his family were coming for Thanksgiving I went ahead and decorated so they could see the house all ready for the holiday. And I really liked that because after they went home everything was done. And what difference does a week make anyway?
  It just doesn’t seem right to celebrate Thanksgiving with all the Christmas items staring you in the face. But everywhere I go Christmas is here.
  Even on the blogs I’m beginning to see trees go up and Christmas ideas. It’s really getting me in the mood. So today I put out my window box decorations. Just some greenery and lights along with some large metal snowflakes I bought at Hobby Lobby. Each year I am trying to simplify and that is about as simple as you can get. I’ll hang a wreath on the door with a spotlight and some bows on the picket fence and that will do it for the front of the house. A wreath at the lightpole and a sled and lights at the back door ought to do it for this year.

 

 

2 comments :

  1. Thinking about it.

    Not outdoors but in doors.

    What difference does it make anyway? We can do what feels right for us, at our own house. :-)

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chuckling...:). Do what makes you happy, that's all that matters ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.