#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, December 01, 2015

We need a little Christmas, Right this very minute

There are not too many changes in the sunroom from last year but this year I incorporated plaid into my decorating scheme. It seems this is the Year of the Plaid. I’m glad to see it back in fashion as I’ve always loved it. thanksgiving at chris' 2015 108

My table includes those cute little black and white Buffalo checked plastic plates from the $3 bin at Walmart. I used a black and white checked piece of fabric that I found at Goodwill for the tablecloth. The “placemats” are actually napkins from Wegman’s as well as the black and plaid plates. The ironstone soup bowls came from The Christmas Tree Shoppe.
thanksgiving at chris' 2015 106
I used my antique looking silver chargers along with my Dollar Tree white plates with black flowers along the edge.
thanksgiving at chris' 2015 115
For the centerpiece I used faux white tulips and pinecones in a silver dish and a birdbath with a chicken wire top holding a glass pine cone. There are little pine cone tea light holders as well as sparkly pine cones.  On the backs of the chairs are glittery glass like wreaths. thanksgiving at chris' 2015 107
You can see a peek of the new script slip covers from Pier One for my zebra striped chairs. An early Christmas present to me from me. 
thanksgiving at chris' 2015 105I went over the top this year by putting branches in my “candle-ier” and hanging snowflakes, pinecones, and acorns from the branches.
   I hope you enjoyed the table tour. Tomorrow…more of the sunroom. 

2 comments :

  1. the title of this post is one of my favorite lines from one of my favorite movies! "auntie mame!"
    did you see the one with lucille ball as auntie mame? i love it.
    and plaid.
    it's covering my large glass topped table all the way to the floor. instant christmas to me! i'm never without it for ANY christmas.
    your room tour was delightful.
    it made me think of how you feel when you enter a cozy quaint little shoppe ... décor everywhere ... just enchanting really!
    could almost swear i smelled hot mulled cider! LOLOL.
    i enjoyed catching up here. your thanksgiving at chris's just sounded wonderful. i'm so happy for them.
    we had an ice storm for about 3 days. over now. only lost power once.
    today it's to be almost 50 i think. and to think... bradford with no snow!!! LOLOL. love those Christmas lights downtown though! WOW!
    XOXO♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Peggy! I am amazed at your beautiful creativity displayed on that gorgeous table~ I am so behind, but I will catch up! I've managed to get the Christmas tree out of storage and onto the living room floor. That's it! LOL! You're inspiring me. Having my feet knocked out from under me medically, followed by two short, but intense trips have left me way behind. I can't remember if I told you I tried your corn chowder recipe or not, but it was yummy. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.