#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Hydrangeas

IMG_5958

One of my favorite summer flowers is the hydrangea. I often see gardens on the web which have mature hydrangeas blooming but I haven’t had much luck with the one that I bought. It is still very small in its second year and I don’t see any blooms on it at all. Maybe I should try fertilizer? I admit that gardening isn’t my forte. If I could afford it I would have a full time gardener who actually knows what to plant and where. My planting is hit and miss…mostly miss. These hydrangeas are faux unfortunately. They sit in my living room .IMG_5957IMG_5962
IMG_5961



2 comments :

  1. Hydrangeas need light shade and sun. If your plants aren't doing well move them before they get bigger. I moved my Endless Summer, the blue ones, and in two years they are 3 times as high. Another easy hydrangea is Annabel. It has huge white pompoms and my new favorite is Strawberries and cream.

    I was at Chautauqua Bird, Tree and Garden Club. The speaker that day was the woman in charge of the plantings in the public spaces. A woman asked how they kept their hydrangeas blooming so well and year after year. The woman said, "Absolutely nothing. We just leave them alone."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hydrangeas, Peggy! Especially the blue ones ~ their petals are lovely with a blue that calms my soul. Kudos to you for putting faux blossoms in your living room when you enjoy them so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.